[GE users] SGE6 does not backfill

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Wed Apr 13 15:35:22 BST 2005

About the file descriptors: I increased ulimit -n from 1024 to 8192, but
it did not help at all.

> I did not get the qping.log.

Strange. Perhaps users at ... kills too long attachments? I put it again on
this message, but also cc'd you directly, perhaps it helps. Next, I'll put
it on web...

You asked, in another email, for the hosts on which the jobs failed. I'm
sorry, but I cannot tell you that, I did not monitor that closely, since I
thought qping's log would include job ID's - I know which IDs failed, so
that would have been sufficient.

I tried a few things (the ones mentioned in these emails) and decided
to generate a new qping.log while I'm at it. This time, I recorded the
failed hosts, too. They are
Job 362, host compute-0-8.local
Job 365, host compute-0-5.local
Job 368, host compute-0-4.local.

> Running the execds in debug mode might revel important information.

All of them, that is, those on the nodes, too? I'll try that. What is the
format of SGE_DEBUG_LEVEL, since just defining SGE_DEBUG_LEVEL=<number>
causes it to report "illegal debug level format"?

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja at utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]