[GE users] h_vmem? virtual_free? mem_free?

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 13 16:44:36 BST 2005

Hi Sebastian,

I recommend use of h_vmem as per host consumable. Reason is
in contrast to mem_free the h_vmem is a regular resource limit
that is enforced on a per job basis!

As capacity for h_vmem you can use mem_total or virtual_total
depending on your needs. Though there is no means to automatically
use mem_total/virtual_total memory value as per host h_vmem
capacity, but you can use scripting interface to configure this.

Regards,
Andreas