[GE users] Libraries present on execution hosts.

JONATHAN SELANDER S026655 at utb.hb.se
Wed Apr 13 16:55:57 BST 2005

Hello, I just set up Grid Engine 6 on 4 sunblade100's, where 1 is the master and the 3 others are execution hosts. I figured I wouldn't need many things installed on the execution hosts, so I made Solaris 10 installations using the minimal SUNWCreq cluster.

However, I cannot run qsh, and I imagine this is because there is no X available on the nodes. Is this correct? If it is, I assume I always need certain libraries and interpreters present on the execution hosts for the jobs I wish to execute.

The error qsh gives me is:

error: local DISPLAY variable ":0.0" delivered with interactive job

-

$ echo $DISPLAY
:0.0

Please tell me I'm wrong in my assumption.

Thanks,
Jonathan