[GE users] installation questions

Jason Bradley Nance jbnance at uab.edu
Thu Apr 14 13:58:54 BST 2005

Hello everyone,
     I'm attempting to install SGE on a test cluster in preparation of a
new cluster purchase and have a couple questions.
     First, what is the recommended stable version?  I'm running a 2.6
kernel on this cluster and didn't see any pre-compiled binaries for it,
so I grabbed the source from CVS.
     Is Postgres required or is it an alternative to BDB?  Can MySQL be
used?
     I was trying to find some installation docs on the website, and it
seems that most of the docs are still centered around 5.3.  Also, all of
the links on the documentation page under the "User and Administrator
Manuals" section are broken.
     Am I looking on the wrong website for information?
(http://gridengine.sunsource.net/)

Thanks.

Jason Nance                                         jbnance at uab.edu
HPC Cluster Admin                         UAB School of Engineering