[GE users] Policy which allow certain jobs always guarantee the machine resource.

Francis Hsu francis.hsu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 01:35:37 BST 2005

I have a question

If I want to design a grid, I have 2 kind of machines in that Grid.

1. Regular machines: REG
2. Few Regular Machines with special 3d card: 3D

How do I implement the policy so that
1. regular jobs get all the resource whenever it is available.(REG + 3D)
2. Jobs which required special 3D card always guarantee the resource in 3D
pool, so that:
a. When there are regular jobs running in 3D pool, regular jobs will
reschedule to other regular machine. 3D jobs guarantee the resource.
3. If all the 3D machines already taken by 3D jobs, other 3D jobs will wait
in queue.(do not reschedule 3D jobs)

I also want to guarantee the qlogin user always guarantee the machines, Grid
will reschedule the qsub jobs and always allow the user
to qlogin to the machine..

thanks,
Francis