[GE users] Policy which allow certain jobs always guarantee the machine resource.

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 03:02:05 BST 2005

How about 2 queues (SGE6.0 "cluster" queues):
- reg.q: all machines
- 3d.q: only machines with 3d cards
* also setup a "subordinate_list" such that reg.q can
be preempted by 3d.q.

1) reg jobs are sent to reg.q, which basically can run
on any machines.

2) 3d jobs run on 3d.q, but can preempt reg jobs.

See queue_conf(5) for more info.

And for qlogin jobs, what should they preempt 3d jobs?

 -Ron