[GE users] Why doesn't qsh give you your login shell?

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Fri Apr 15 10:11:20 BST 2005

Hi,

I already send my xterm wrapper script (which you would configures as xterm
cxommand in the cluster/local config when using it) a couple of time to the
list - please forgive my repeated posting.

You can modify and extend the template that the login shell from the user is
retrieved and passed as an argument to the xterm command.

#!/bin/sh

LF=$HOME/$JOB_NAME.o$JOB_ID

echo Args: > $LF.log
for i in "$@"; do
done

#set                               >> $LF.log

echo xterm $1 "$2" -lf $LF -l -e "/bin/tcsh" -f >> $LF.log

exec /usr/bin/X11/xterm $1 $2 -lf $LF -l -e "/bin/tcsh" -f

Andy