[GE users] Why doesn't qsh give you your login shell?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Apr 15 10:44:11 BST 2005

it will take the entry from the queue definition. This can e.g. be put
in a wrapper to get a proper login shell.

shell                 /home/reuti/qsh_starter

and the qsh_starter is simply to add the -l as argument:

#!/bin/sh
exec /bin/sh -l

As long as the "shell_start_mode unix_behavior" is set, this will not
change the behavior of batch jobs.

Cheers - Reuti