[GE users] Why doesn't qsh give you your login shell?

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Fri Apr 15 10:55:05 BST 2005

Reuti,

your suggestion would affect all jobs including the batch jobs. The question
was about qsh jobs only. But your suggestion is indeed interesting:-)

Andy

> Hi,
>
> it will take the entry from the queue definition. This can e.g. be put in a
> wrapper to get a proper login shell.
>
> shell                 /home/reuti/qsh_starter
>
> and the qsh_starter is simply to add the -l as argument:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> exec /bin/sh -l
>
> As long as the "shell_start_mode unix_behavior" is set, this will not change
> the behavior of batch jobs.
>
> Cheers - Reuti
>

> Magnus Söderberg wrote:
>> Hej.
>>
>> I take it it's a feature then. 8-)
>> I just couldn't find anything in the documentation on what shell to expect
>> when using qsh.
>> Thank you for the example, I will work with that.
>>
>> /Magnus
>>
>> Andy Schwierskott wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I already send my xterm wrapper script (which you would configures as
>>> xterm
>>> cxommand in the cluster/local config when using it) a couple of time to
>>> the
>>> list - please forgive my repeated posting.

Andy

Andy Schwierskott           Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-200 (x60200)
N1 Grid Engine Engineering  Fax: +49 (0)941 3075-222 (x60222)
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7       mailto:andy.schwierskott at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg          http://www.sun.com/gridware

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]