[GE users] Policy which allow certain jobs always guarantee the machine resource.

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Apr 15 12:06:50 BST 2005

Hi,

I would like to add, to get a reschedule of the suspended reg.q jobs,
the use of a checkpointing interface maybe helpful. If the reg.q jobs
don't support any checkpointing at all, they can only start from the
beginning again, but this is also handled by the checkpointing interface.

Just add a checkpointing interface and save it, as the default entries
already cover your case. Then request this checkpointing interface for
the reg.q jobs (man checkpoint for details).

For the qlogin jobs (a superordinated queue for these jobs to reg.q and
3d.q), to reschedule the reg.q and 3d.q jobs also the 3d.q jobs may use
this checkpointing interface.

CU - Reuti