[GE users] Tight integration with PVM

JONATHAN SELANDER S026655 at utb.hb.se
Fri Apr 15 12:51:41 BST 2005

I followed the howto at http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/pvm-integration/pvm-integration.html for setting up PVM integration with SGE after I had compiled pvm 3 and installed/compiled the utilities in the SGE_ROOT/pvm dir (aimk and install.sh)

However, when i try the example tester_tight.sh from the howto, i get these scheduling errors in the logs:

---

cannot run in queue instance "all.q at brasnod-2" because PE "pvm" is not in pe list
cannot run in queue instance "all.q at brasnod-4" because PE "pvm" is not in pe list
cannot run because resources requested are not available for parallel job
cannot run because available slots combined under PE "pvm" are not in range of job

---

# qconf -sp pvm
pe_name           pvm
slots             100
user_lists        NONE
xuser_lists       NONE
start_proc_args   /opt/sge/pvm/startpvm.sh -catch_rsh $pe_hostfile $host \
                  /opt/sge/pvm
stop_proc_args    /opt/sge/pvm/stoppvm.sh -catch_rsh $pe_hostfile $host
allocation_rule   1
control_slaves    TRUE
job_is_first_task FALSE
urgency_slots     min

---

What does this mean? brasnod-2,3,4 are execution hosts which work correctly when i run ordinary jobs.