[GE users] compilation questions

Jason Bradley Nance jbnance at uab.edu
Fri Apr 15 14:16:22 BST 2005

Hello again everyone,
     I'm a bit confused on how to use aimk to compile everything.  I
read through the README.DEPEND and README.aimk and followed the
instructions up to the actual compilation step (did the dependency
stuff).  Everything goes fine, but when I run "aimk" to compile
everything, it only tries to parse the man pages and not any code for
the daemons and other executables.

My aimk.private looks like this:

set argv = ( -gettext -htmlman -intl -no-java -no-jni -man
-spool-berkeleydb -j 3  $* )

And I updated my aimk.site to reflect my system setup.

The READMEs say that the -only-* flags are mutually exclusive, but I
don't have any of those...

Sooo, how do I compile the full system?

Jason Nance                                         jbnance at uab.edu
HPC Cluster Admin                         UAB School of Engineering