[GE users] SGE6 does not backfill

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Sat Apr 16 21:10:08 BST 2005

> Due to the speed up in the pe startup process, this should happen only
> very, very seldom now. Based
> on my data, a misplaced qmod -s and qmod -us is the only way to kill a
> pe job. The scheduler should
> be too slow for it.

It seems to really work now: schedule_interval = 15 s and reprioritize
totally turned off (the previous worst case) and no jobs lost in 110
instances. Thank you very much. Oh, and the version I used is CVS version
from ~20:00 EET DST 16.4.2005.

For Christian:

I have about 2500 open files, but it should not matter since ulimit -n is
a per-process (including children?) limit and not a per-system. The
qmaster, execd or scheduler do not have that many files open, ever. And
ulimit -Hn is the same as ulimit -n, equal to 1024.

I hope this is settled. :) Thanks one more time!

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja at utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|