[GE users] DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on darwin 6u3

Mon Apr 18 17:07:57 BST 2005

It gets set by the execd if the SET_LIB_PATH and INHERIT_ENV settings
are both true.  INHERIT_ENV is true by default.  SET_LIB_PATH is false
by default.  I think this specific bit of behavior is a side effect of
the bug fix for Issue 1300.  There's a long comment about it (that I
wrote) in exec_job.c, but I would have to dig into it a little deeper to
remember exactly why this behavior is necessary.

Daniel

Reuti wrote:

>Hi,
>
>just for a test:
>
>unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
>in your script would solve the issues?
>
>CU - Reuti
>

>Barry J Mcinnes wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>On Mac X, 6u3, when I do an "env" in a qsub script I get the following
>>settings
>>
>>SGE_O_MAIL=/var/mail/bjm
>>DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/n1ge6/lib/darwin
>>TMP=/Volumes/Cluster/tmp/490.1.all.q
>>

>>I need to know if or where SGE is setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH ?
>>In a string search of /opt/n1ge6 (setup central NFS shared) it is not
>>getting set in a script - does a binary program (qmaster ?) set it up ?
>>It is causing problems for LAM and ssh...
>>
>>thanks

*        Daniel Templeton   ERGB01 x60220         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
* "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." *
*                    -Dr. Emmett Brown            *
*                     Back to the Future (1985)   *