[GE users] mpich2

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Apr 18 17:11:54 BST 2005

Hi Martin,

the mpich1 scripts are only usable in a limited form, as you have at
least four possible startup methods. Some hints I posted some time ago
for MPICH2 1.0:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgId=22914

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgId=23231

But in MPICH2 1.0.1 it changed already: forker is gone and gforker is
tight integrated by default. The daemonless smpd should work and for
this and you can reuse the mpi installation to get a similar hostfile -
no need to touch the MPICH2 source any longer in 1.0.1, the patch is
already in. The daemon based startup will get a new mpi_start program to
fork-off the daemons.

I expect the complete Howto for Tight MPICH2-SGE Integration to be
online on May 1st.

Cheers - Reuti