[GE users] Accounting

Shaila Parashar shaila at engr.colostate.edu
Mon Apr 18 20:44:11 BST 2005

Hi

We have a cluster consisting of 4 nodes  running SGE 6.0u3 .  The number
of CPUs on these nodes are 24, 12, 8 and 4 . We have been running this
cluster since Aug 2004 and are now in need of some statistics. I read
the mailing lists and did get some ideas about the statistics. I also
imported the accounting file into MySQL . I did manage to get statistics
on the jobs - as average CPU time used, average waiting time, etc. But
we need statistics similar to the following :-

Number of CPU's used versus time. Also number oc CPUs used on each of
the hosts vs time.

Basically we need plots vs time.

I wanted to know if this is possible from the SGE accounting files and
if so how ?

 I would appreciate it if  you can suggest of any other values that we
can plot against time.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to get these values ( if possible ) will be
really appreciated.

Thanks

Shaila

Shaila Parashar			e-mail:shaila at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX System Administrator	tel:- (970)-491-6555
Engineering Network Services
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1301
" Smile is a curve that sets things straight. "