[GE users] Accounting

Richard Hierlmeier Richard.Hierlmeier at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 19 06:51:18 BST 2005

Shaila,

the commercial version of the gridengine includes the Accounting and Reporting
Console. It also includes a daemon which imports the reporting and accounting data
into a realation database (postgresql an oracle is supported).
This tools uses the reporting file ($SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting) not the
accounting file. All information you need should be included in this file.

Regards

   Richard

Shaila Parashar wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have a cluster consisting of 4 nodes  running SGE 6.0u3 .  The number
> of CPUs on these nodes are 24, 12, 8 and 4 . We have been running this
> cluster since Aug 2004 and are now in need of some statistics. I read
> the mailing lists and did get some ideas about the statistics. I also
> imported the accounting file into MySQL . I did manage to get statistics
> on the jobs - as average CPU time used, average waiting time, etc. But
> we need statistics similar to the following :-
>
> Number of CPU's used versus time. Also number oc CPUs used on each of
> the hosts vs time.
>
> Basically we need plots vs time.
>
> I wanted to know if this is possible from the SGE accounting files and
> if so how ?
>
> I would appreciate it if  you can suggest of any other values that we
> can plot against time.
>
> Any ideas/suggestions on how to get these values ( if possible ) will be
> really appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Shaila

Richard Hierlmeier           Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-223
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid