[GE users] Automated installation & BerkeleyDB

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 19 14:41:20 BST 2005

Hi Alan,

no you are on the right mailing list!

Before you started the second (fresh) installation did you delete your
old spooldb directory?
The autoinstallation stops, if the entered <sge-cell> or the spooldb
directory already exists.
This is done to make sure, that already installed clusters can't be
destroyed.

Please before restarting a autoinstallation check and delete the spooldb
directory and the cell directory.
This is the most common reason, why the scripts fails.

Your approach using the autoinstallation was right.

First install the berkeley db insteractively, then use the
autoinstallation to install qmaster and execd's

Within the next few days the update 4 will be released and provides a
better autoinstallation.
The berkeley db installation will be automatic also.

Best Regards,
Marco