[GE users] How to evict jobs?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Apr 19 15:23:16 BST 2005

Hi Sreenath,

you need to define and use during qsub a checkpointing interface with
the "when" set to "x" in its definition. In this case, a "qmod -sj
<jobid>" will requeue the job. Unless you implement any checkpointing,
it will restart from the beginning of course. Just use the "userdefined"
checkpointing interface and let all other entries stay to their default
values.

Although without using any checkpointing, the appropriate checkpointing
Howto will show you some sample executions.

Cheers - Reuti