[GE users] mpich2

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Apr 19 17:24:00 BST 2005

Martin,

the /opt/gridengine/mpi should work with the daemonless startup, which I
mentioned in the second post. What problem you got with them?

Only thing different to MPICH is the fact, that for n-tasks there are
n-rsh calls (which are mapped to qrsh), hence you need in the PE definition:

control_slaves    TRUE
job_is_first_task FALSE

The daemon-based startup is now also possible - if you need this, just
wait a few days until I can send you a sneak-preview of the complete Howto.

The scripts I send with the post shouldn't be used any longer, as it was
only a Loose Integration with a strange shutdown of the daemons.

Cheers - Reuti