[GE users] Shadow master uninstallation

Alan Carriou Alan.Carriou at jet.uk
Thu Apr 21 11:38:44 BST 2005

Hi again,

Now I've installed two shadow hosts... And when I tried to uninstall the
second one, with "inst_sge -usm", I noticed that the uninstallation
procedure cannot handle several shadow masters being configured. This is
because of the lines:

if [ $SHADOW = "uninstall" ]; then

    s_host=`cat $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/shadow_masters`
    s_pid=`cat $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/shadowd_$s_host.pid`

which won't work if the shadow_masters file is more than one line long.

As GE allows several shadow hosts, I guess this should be a bug. Has
anybody already seen/fixed it ? Or should I raise an issue ?

Thanks,
Alan