[GE users] Do we still Ctrl Mouse2 to resize fields in qmon?

Marconnet, James E Mr /Computer Sciences Corporation james.marconnet at smdc.army.mil
Thu Apr 21 14:53:53 BST 2005

Andre:

That's exactly what I did, and it worked for me.

I only wish qmon would somehow remember my width settings the way it does
the new dummy display variable I chose. Oh well!

Thanks,
Jim Marconnet

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Alefeld [mailto:Andre.Alefeld at Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:51 AM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] Do we still Ctrl Mouse2 to resize fields in qmon?

Jim,

this should still work. But if the field is the last column it does not work
as expected. I guess this is the case for the column 'Queue' with the
default setting what you could do to work around:
- click on Customize and switch to Select Job Fields and add any field and
press save
- ctrl + mouse2 underneath the column label separator should show a green
line that can be dragged

Andre

Marconnet, James E Mr /Computer Sciences Corporation wrote:
> Using 6.0u3 I was trying to resize some columns in qmon so I could see
> entire que instances to know which node jobs were running on without
> having to resort to using qstat in another window.
>
> I tried unsuccessfully to resize the columns or to maximize the window
> or to resize the window with drag along borders.
>
> I read in our archives back in the 2002-2004 timeframe that there was
> secret: hold down/click: Ctrl Mouse2 on the invisible vertical bar
> between two fields to resize but not save them. Even then, it looked
> like the rightmost field that I wanted to resize might not be able to
> be resized.
>
> Is this trick still used? I tried all Shift and/or Ctrl + Mouse button
> combinations I could think of on and all around the buttons and the
> columns and between the columns without success. There was a little
> green line mentioned, but I never saw it.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Andre Alefeld                Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-255
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: andre.alefeld at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net