[GE users] Jobs Bouncing Back

Mark Westwood mark.westwood at ohmsurveys.com
Thu Apr 21 16:23:13 BST 2005

Hmmm

I'm seeing some strange, to me, behaviour of jobs on grid engine.  I
wonder whether anyone out there has seen this and could give me a clue
about what is going on and how to fix it.  If, that is, there is
anything to fix.

We're running GE5.3 on SuSE Linux 9.1, kernel 2.4. We have a 70
processor cluster, with a separate head node which runs the q master

One of my users submitted a large number of jobs to the queue earlier
today.  Some of these jobs have executed, judging by the output they
have produced they have executed successfully.  However, they are now
back in the Pending Jobs list with status Eqw.

I'm very confused.

Regards
Mark

--