[GE users] SGE 6.0 - qmon queue values reverting to default

Walt Minkel wminkel at latticesemi.com
Fri Apr 22 00:55:10 BST 2005

Hi All,

In SGE 6.0u1 on  Solaris 8.

In a cluster queue, all in the same qmon session:   If after looking at
queue's values that are
different than the @/ (default), I exit the modify cluster form by
clicking "cancel",  the next
time I modify the cluster all of the values for that queue have reverted
to the default.
If I cancel and exit out of qmon, then re-open qmon,  the values return
to their state before
the cancel the original cancel.

For example, if a cluster's default is 5 slots per host except for one
host which has 10 slots.
If after browsing around that hosts forms,  I cancel.  The host will
show 5 slots the next
time I call it up (all within the same qmon session).

It appears like the qmon gui is not in-sync with files in the spool
directory.

Have other seen this?  Is there a patch?

Thanks,
     Walt