[GE users] SGE 6.0 - qmon queue values reverting to default

Andre Alefeld Andre.Alefeld at Sun.COM
Fri Apr 22 10:19:05 BST 2005

Hi Walt,

this is a bug could you please file it to Issuezilla.

Andre

Walt Minkel wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In SGE 6.0u1 on  Solaris 8.
>
> In a cluster queue, all in the same qmon session:   If after looking at
> queue's values that are
> different than the @/ (default), I exit the modify cluster form by
> clicking "cancel",  the next
> time I modify the cluster all of the values for that queue have reverted
> to the default. If I cancel and exit out of qmon, then re-open qmon,
> the values return to their state before
> the cancel the original cancel.
>
> For example, if a cluster's default is 5 slots per host except for one
> host which has 10 slots.
> If after browsing around that hosts forms,  I cancel.  The host will
> show 5 slots the next
> time I call it up (all within the same qmon session).
>
> It appears like the qmon gui is not in-sync with files in the spool
> directory.
>
> Have other seen this?  Is there a patch?
>
> Thanks,
>     Walt

Andre Alefeld                Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-255
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: andre.alefeld at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid