[GE users] New SGE-MPICH2 Tight Integration Howto

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Apr 24 22:04:01 BST 2005

Hi all,

I just put a new Howto online for a Tight Integration of MPICH2 into SGE. This
supersedes the hints I posted some time ago on the list, as in the 1.0.1
version of MPICH2 some things were changed already (after talking to the MPICH2
team - thanks), which will make the integration easier.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-integration.htm

It includes the gforker and smpd (daemon-based and daemonless) startup. Like in
the PVM integration, a small helping program will start the smpds on the nodes
in the daemon-based startup, which has to be compiled before in a similar
manner.

Cheers - Reuti