[GE users] BDB spooling failover

Mannu kamleshsinghus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:32:21 BST 2005

Hi...

I have setup BDB spooling on our SGE cluster. I wanted to know How to
handle BDB Spooling server failover i.e. if BDB server goes down it
causes everything (scheduling or any SGE commands execution
queryingetc) to fail even if QMaster server is UP.
So I have 2 question.
1.) How to change from BDB Spooling to Local Spooling ( it seems it's
not possible without a reinstall ????)
2.) How to change BDB Spooling server i.e. installing BDB server on
other server of same type,  But how to change the details in QMaster
SGE Config files. is there any Document available for this.

The error in messages file is as below when BDB server is not available.

head ~/spool/qmaster/messages
04/23/2005 16:25:57|qmaster|sdeda101|E|couldn't set rpc server in
database environment: (-30993) DB_NOSERVER: Fatal error, no RPC server
04/23/2005 16:25:57|qmaster|sdeda101|E|startup of rule "default rule"
in context "berkeleydb spooling" failed

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Regards