[GE users] "Browse this thread" problems on gridengine.sunsource.net?

Fred L Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 10:59:42 BST 2005

John/Andy,

>> Is this a known bug/problem with the collabnet site?
>> Or are certain mail user agents mangling or mishandling mail
>> headers?  Or something else?

This is really more of a problem with the new list users, rather than
collabnet (or ezmlm, which is used by collabnet.) A lot of mailing list
users (not just GE) out there have a habit of starting a new thread by
replying to an existing one and then changing the subject field, the fix
is to ask those users:

PLEASE DO NOT START A NEW POST BY REPLYING TO AN EXISTING THREAD!

I feel much better, now that I have got that off my chest, ahhh :-)

Cheers
f.