[GE users] New SGE-MPICH2 Tight Integration Howto

Alan Carriou Alan.Carriou at jet.uk
Tue Apr 26 12:46:18 BST 2005

Hi

There is a small error in the HOWTO: in the paragraph for the daemonless
smpd startup method, the start_proc_args and stop_proc_args call for
startmpi.sh and stopmpi.sh. But those files don't exist in the tarball.
Instead, there are startmpich2.sh and stopmpich2.sh .

So, the ouput of "qconf -sp mpich2_smpd_rsh" should contain the lines
start_proc_args   /usr/sge/mpich2_smpd_rsh/startmpich2.sh -catch_rsh
$pe_hostfile
stop_proc_args    /usr/sge/mpich2_smpd_rsh/stopmpich2.sh

Besides, should the .smpd file be set up for the user who submits a
parallel job, or the sgeadmin/root user ?

Thanks,
Alan