[GE users] looking for feedback: new web interface to qstat based on XML to HTML transform

Craig Tierney ctierney at HPTI.com
Tue Apr 26 19:22:40 BST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 12:51, Rayson Ho wrote:
> 500 queues with SGE6??

Is that a lot?  I have 4000.  If you have multiple queues
with overlapping host groups, you get a entry for each
host and queue.

q1.q at host1
q1.q at host2
q2.q at host2
q2.q at host3

If each host has 1 slot, there are 3 slots total.  But
if I have queues defined as above, I get 4 queues/host entries.
Using qhost you can see just what each host is doing, and only
see it once.

BTW, SGE6 has no problem with this many queues.

Craig