[GE users] jobs in "waiting state" forever ...

TRAN Chanh chanh.tran at dassault-aviation.fr
Wed Apr 27 15:22:20 BST 2005

Hi all,

I'm using SGE 6.03 & I've jobs in "waiting state" forever

Case 1 :

I've a complex attribut "my_attribut" whose "requestable" state is set
to "forced".
If I submit a job w/o #$ -l my_attribut=xxx, this one stays in "waiting
state" forever.
Is there a way to have SGE reject the job w/ an error message ???

Case 2 :

I've a complex attribut "my_RAM" and a queue "my_queue.q".
"my_RAM" max capacity is set to 10 Gigabyte inside "my_queue.q" via
"qconf -mq my_queue.q".
If I submit a job w/ #$ -l my_RAM=20G,q=my_queue.q, this one stays in
"waiting state" forever.
Is there a way to have SGE reject the job w/ an error message ???

Thanks in advance,
Chanh