[GE users] GridEngine v5.3p1 eating too much memory

Richard Hobbs richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 16:33:43 BST 2005

Hello,

Thank you to everyone who helped with this issue... We have now upgraded to
v5.3p6 from 5.3p1 and the issues seem to have gone away.

Previously, 350 jobs took the memory usage of sge_schedd up to 50% (1.5GB),
whereas now over 1,000 jobs takes the memory usage up to 3.4%.

Much better :-) The upgrade was completely painless too!

Thanks people.

Hobbs.

--
Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group
Email: richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk