[GE users] Scalibility of 60u3/u4

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Thu Apr 28 00:41:44 BST 2005

Several hundred hosts, not a problem with SGE5.3 or SGE6.0, many users have
larger clusters.

For a hugh amount of jobs, you may need a 64-bit machine so that
qmaster/scheduler can allocate more than 2GB of memory.

And SGE doesn't use RSH to dispatch jobs to remote hosts, it is used when
there are interactive jobs. And you don't even need the normal RSH daemon
enabled on the hosts.

Rayson