[GE users] high CPU load for sge_qmaster

Göran Uddeborg uddeborg at carmen.se
Thu Apr 28 13:53:42 BST 2005

Kees Verstoep writes:
> Anyone seen this behaviour as well?  This is on a dual PIII-1GHz
> system running RedHat Enterprise Linux version 3.4.

Yes we do.  sge_qmaster runs fine for days or weeks, but then it
starts keeping one cpu busy.  (Which I think is what you see too.  45%
is almost one of the CPU:s on the machine.)

I've compiled for debugging, and tried to attach gdb.  I can attach
it, but when I try to single step, everything just hangs.  Or
sometimes the DEBUGGER starts spinning.  So I haven't been able to
figure out is going on.

I have to kill the debugger and restart sge_qmaster.  And then it runs
fine again for a while.