[GE users] high CPU load for sge_qmaster

Göran Uddeborg uddeborg at carmen.se
Thu Apr 28 15:23:01 BST 2005

Stephan Grell - Sun Germany - SSG - Software Engineer writes:
> can you take a look at the qmaster using qping when it is really
> busy? Would be nice to know, if there is a lot of communication
> going on.

I guess you asked Kees, but since we see the same problem:

I restarted our sge_master earlier today, but this time it quickly
entered into the "busy state".  What invocation (flags) is it you
want with qping?  Like this?

    morgantown> qping -info wake 536 qmaster 1
    04/28/2005 16:12:34:
    SIRM version:             0.1
    SIRM message id:          1
    start time:               04/28/2005 14:52:09 (1114692729)
    run time [s]:             4825
    messages in read buffer:  11
    messages in write buffer: 0
    nr. of connected clients: 120
    status:                   0
    info:                     EDT: R (0.25) | TET: R (0.38) | MT: R (0.01) | SIGT: R (4819.42) | ok

> A output of the scheduler profiling would also be very very helpfull.
> It would be enough to have 2 or 3 scheduling runs in the profiling
> log.

I did "qconf -msconf", set "params" to "PROFILE=1", and picked a
number of lines from $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/qmaster/schedd/messages.  Was
that what you meant?  I attach the messages generated.

    [ Part 2, "Profiling information from scheduler"  Text/PLAIN 515 ]
    [ lines. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3: "Attached Text" ]