[GE users] Cells, Queues , Complexes and access

Justus Loerke loerke at molgen.mpg.de
Fri Apr 29 13:28:57 BST 2005

These threads may be interesting, the setup seems similar:
-> Preemption vs dedicating nodes by group? (28.4.05)
-> Does nice always work when determining which waiting job to assigning
to a node first? (12.4.05)
-> Running 1, 2, 3, or 4 jobs on a host with 4 slots (11.3.05)
-> Exclusive execution on a host with multiple slots (4.2.04)

You might want to check the HOWTO on the GE homepage, especially the
'setting up idle workstations' section. I have been working on a very
similar setup and these sections were pretty helpful (note: I am running
5.3p6, though, I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes).

Cheers,
Justus

Dipl. Phys. Justus Loerke
- UltraStrukturNetzwerk -
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics
Ihnestr. 63-73
D-14195 Berlin

Tel.:   +49-30-8413-1644
Fax:    +49-30-8413-1385