[GE users] Definitions

Fri Apr 29 16:13:14 BST 2005

The load threshhold is a way to keep a machine/queue from getting
overloaded.  The value of the load_thresholds is a list of name=value
pairs.  The names are the names of the complex value (see qconf -sc),
and the values are the corresponding thresholds.  If the value of a
complex goes beyond its threshold, the queue will stop accepting new jobs.
By default, SGE has a load adjustment of 0.5.  (See qconf -ssconf)  The
load adjustment is an amount of virtual CPU load that gets added to the
np_load_avg with every job.  This can create an artificial job limit.

Daniel