[GE users] high CPU load for sge_qmaster

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Fri Apr 29 16:17:42 BST 2005

I should add that when I start up top and tell it to view individual
threads, it is showing that a single thread is chewing up almost all the
CPU time.  When the other sge_qmaster threads are idle, the thread is
constantly using 99.9% cpu usage.  Translating to as much as that thread
can.. there are other CPUs on the box, so it isn't really slowing
anything down by doing that.  When the other sge_qmaster threads start
showing cpu usage, then the one thread will go down as low as 93% cpu
usage.  I assume this is because its now spending some time waiting on
mutexes/semaphores from the other threads.