[GE users] [ANNOUNCE] SGE Integration packages for Globus Toolkit 4 now available

Melvin Koh melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg
Fri Apr 29 17:38:42 BST 2005

Ron,

I think we will need to sync up with the LeSC Team on the changes in the
job manager script. It will be quite confusing if we have two
different script floating around. Thank you so much for your help.

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Ron Chen wrote:

> First of all, thanks!!
>
> And I have 2 questions for you:
> 1) Melvin sent to the list about the SGE-Globus
> integration done by GTRC. That one is based on yours
> with some bugs fixed, and new features added.
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=10807
>
> Does your new version include his fixes?
>

> 2) Also, any chance we can get the integration into
> the standard globus distribution on their webpage?
>
> --- David McBride <dwm at doc.ic.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I would like to announce the availability of SGE
> > integration packages
> > for Globus Toolkit 4.  These packages allow the
> > WS-GRAM service provided
> > with the Globus Toolkit distribution to run
> > submitted jobs on a Sun Grid
> > Engine cluster.
> >
> > Please see
> > http://www.lesc.ic.ac.uk/projects/SGE-GT4.html for
> > more
> > details.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > David

Melvin Koh Chee Kian
Grid Research Engineer
Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/