[GE users] [ANNOUNCE] SGE Integration packages for Globus Toolkit 4 now available

Shane Canon canon at nersc.gov
Fri Apr 29 20:18:48 BST 2005

Melvin,

What is the license for the package?  The folks who maintain the Virtual
Data Toolkit (VDT), which is used by many large collaborations, wanted
to include the jobmanager for SGE (from LeSC) in their toolkit, but they
had a difficult time getting clarifcation on the license.  Until they
know that they are free to distribute it, they had to leave it out of
the toolkit.  It would be good to have clear answer on this, so that
when they move to GT4 in VDT, they can package this component too.

--Shane