[GE users] yet another commlib error

Christian Reissmann Christian.Reissmann at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 6 11:26:38 GMT 2005

Hi Michael,

the configuration file format depends on your spooling method.

If you use classic spooling the configuration files are in

$SGE_ROOT/default/common/ and in the qmaster spool directory (see
bootstrap file)

If you are using berkeleydb you may use "spooledit" to fix the problem.

The used spooling method is stored in the
$SGE_ROOT/default/common/bootstrap file!

I think there are some mail threads in the archive which also may help
you in solving
your problem.

You may also use $SGE_ROOT/util/dl.csh /.sh to enable qmaster debugging with
dl 1 to have more information at startup:

as root on master host:
>source $SGE_ROOT/util/dl.csh
>dl 1
>$SGE_ROOT/bin/YOUR_QMASTER_ARCH/sge_qmaster

The qmaster will not daemonize and print out debugging information ...

Hope this helps,

Christian