[GE users] Re: upgrading between patch levels of v6

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Dec 7 08:48:19 GMT 2005

Am 07.12.2005 um 09:05 schrieb Michael Green:

> Common guys, just tell me how do you upgrade from u5 to u6 is it just
> simple tar zxvf of the courtesy binaries or it has to be installed

Yes, just untar in the same location (after stopping all the daemons
- this is the easiest way). To be on the safe side, you could first
tar the whole $SGE_ROOT as an additional step to /tmp.

I also execute $SGE_ROOT/util/setfileperm.sh afterwards to get the
correct permission bits set after the untar operation.

The described upgrade procedure in Chapter 5 doesn't need to be
applied here.

-- Reuti