[GE users] Bug in sge_schedd/sge_qmaster

Sebastian ChiefShadow at gmx.de
Wed Dec 7 19:35:02 GMT 2005

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-15" character set. ]

Am Wed, 07 Dec 2005 17:28:50 +0100 schrieb Reuti
<reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>:

> Hi,
>
> Am 07.12.2005 um 16:21 schrieb Sebastian:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> i think i found a bug, so please help me.
>>
>> First a short descprition:
>>
>> I run the sge_schedd and sge_qmaster on a lx24_x64-machine, the
>> sge_execd
>> are running on lx24_amd64-machines.
>>
>> I integrated everey thing as written in Reuti's HowTo for LAM-
>> Integration.
>>
>> I made a local .bashrc for root/the sge-admin and the submittion-user
>> on the
>> qmaster-node and the two execd-nodes, where i set the Source-Script for
>> SGE
>> and LAM/MPI.
>>
>> When i submit a simple job as user where the LAM-Enviroment should be
>> started and the command "lamnodes" should be executed, a error was
>> reported,
>> because the Environment-Variables aren't take over.
>>
>> I implemented an echo-command for the $PATH-Variable in the startlam.sh
>> and
>> there the wrong entries were reported, not the entries which i made in
>> the
>> .bashrc.
>
> the .bashrc isn't sourced there. Only for a login (i.e. via qrsh) it's
> sourced. If you need some variables for any reason in startlam.sh, you
> could source it therein by hand:
>
> . ~/.bashrc
>
> in the script before the universe is built. If you need this for any
> license-server AFAIR, then it might be easier to replace the original
> program call with a script setting these fixed variables. So maybe you
> don't need to touch .bashrc or need -V at all. E.g. in pseudo-code
>
> #!/bin/sh
> export LICENSE_SERVER=srv
> export LICENSE_MODE=full
> exec the_program.orig
>
> and name this script the_program. It won't hurt normal operation, and
> you don't have to worry about a set LICENSE_SERVER in SGE at all.

Hello,

i don't really need the variables when i use the startlam.sh or when the
PE uses this script, but i need the variables in the new made
lam-universe. Actually i don't know where i have to put my .bashrc or some
manuall exports that they are used in the lam-universe, but maybe you can
help me. :)

>> Now the question is, in which Environment is the startlam.sh-Script
>> submitted, it is told the PE as start_proc_args.
>>
>> This step has a little bug or i'm the bug, because there the environment
>> isn't set as defined.
>>
>> When i made a entry "#$ -V" in the job-script, all is made correct, but
>> the
>> needed LAM-Structure isn't made, on the Slave-Nodes the LAM-Process is
>> no
>> child of sge_execd eg. sge_sheperd.
>
> Are you extending the $PATH there or replacing it completely? The first
> entry should be the $TMPDIR, so that the rsh-wrapper is found first
> before any other rsh in the system.

I use just the command above without any interpreter, so the actual
environment is used for all other starts, and there i think the $TMPDIR
with the rsh-wrapper isn't in the right position.

How is the boot scheme, first script, then pe, then rsh-wrapper which
starts qrsh which starts lam?

Kind Regards,
Sebastian

Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/m2/