[GE users] not getting glinux binaries

Galitz... Geoff Galitz galitz at berkeley.edu
Sat Dec 10 02:36:07 GMT 2005

Hello,

I am compiling from source (sge-V60u7_TAG-src.tar.gz), following
the instructions in the README.BUILD and all seems to go well
with two exceptions:

1) compiling with "aimk" (no options) results in an attempt to
build with the secure options (though the docs indicate that
building without secure options is the default)

2) I do not get any binaries in utilbin/glinux in my
distribution.  So I guess that part is not exactly going
well.

My sequence of commands:

aimk -only-depend
scripts/zerodepend
aimk depend
aimk -no-secure
 ./scripts/distinst -local -noexit -allall glinux
 ./mk_dist -vdir /sge/  -version 6.0 -common -bin glinux

I am building on Caos Linux 2 (www.caosity.org)
on both  Pentium III and Opteron platforms.

Any ideas on where I've gone wrong?

-geoff