[GE users] scheduler runs performance sge6.0u6 vs. sge6.0u7

Tue Dec 13 08:23:47 GMT 2005

Nicolas Joly wrote On 12/12/05 21:12,:

>On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 08:43:29PM +0100, Reuti wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>this is a really short schedule_interval. Did you try to set it to a
>>minute or so and adjust the value of flush_submit_sec to one or two
>>seconds instead (seems you are looking for an immediate scheduling)?
>>

>I thought i already tested this configuration. Just to be sure, i did
>it again ... and it works as expected.
>
>For now, we only have interactive jobs on this cluster (but i suspect
>that in a few weeks we'll have to support some batch ...), and
>immediate like scheduling is what we are indeed looking for.
>
>Thanks a lot.

Did the issue go away? Based on your profiling data, I would think that
it does not make a difference. The scheduler spend its time in the
communication
with the qmaster and not processing anything.

|P|PROF: send orders and cleanup took: 3.090 (u 0.010,s 0.000) s

Your changes in the flush-settings should not change anything. However, the
setup Reuti suggested is the one we recommend.

Cheers,
Stephan