[GE users] SGE in shell script problem

Jon Savian worknit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:15:52 GMT 2005

Hi Every1

I am trying to write a bash shell script (not an sge submit script)
and am trying to get some output from "/path/to/bin/qstat -f" to
parse.  When i run I run the script myself it has no problem getting
output.  If I set it up to use cron it will not execute and gives the
error "please define SGE_ROOT".  Exporting the variable or just
defining it in the script again,ie. SGE_ROOT=/path/to/gridengine, do
not work.

Any suggestions?

Jon (the funky homosapien)