[GE users] Queue Selection order in qrsh

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 08:37:38 GMT 2005

   When doing a Qrsh with a -q option how do we
determine the order in which queues are selected.

Eg If I have three host groups grp1,grp2,grp3 each
with a total of 6 slots. I would like to do a qrsh for
6 slots with a soft request such that if I have 6 lots
free in grp1 then I get those, or else if grp2 has 6
slots free I get those or if grp3 has 6 slots free I
get those. In case none of the groups have 6 slots
free by themselves but combining the free slots in all
the groups is 6 then I should get those.

I was tring something like

qrsh -pe pe_all 6 -soft -q all.q@@grp"[1-3:1]" but
this didnt work out.

Any ideas.