[GE users] Queue Selection order in qrsh

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 09:58:21 GMT 2005

  Yes I tried having seq numbers for the queue
instances and had all the hosts in a particular host
group have the same sequence number. Consider the
following scenario

grp1  seq-no 1
  host1  1/1 slots used
  host2  1/1 slots used
  host3  0/1 slot used

grp2 seq-no 2
  host4 0/1 slot used
  host5 0/1 slot used
  host6 0/1 slot used

bothe grp1 and grp2 are part of the same queue all.q
and are under the same PE

Now when I submit a job requesting 3 slots the job
should fall on hostgroup grp2 instead of using one
slot on host group grp1 and 2 on grp2.

/Dev

--- Stephan Grell - Sun Germany - SSG - Software

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com