[GE users] SGE6.0u6: qselect, qhost and load sensor values ...

Gomez, Daniel dgomez at tigr.ORG
Mon Dec 19 23:47:42 GMT 2005

You may want to check the changelog for the latest release before posting bugs. It may have been fixed. I found this and it looks related.

1306     6287862   qhost -l for complexes is broken

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/60patches.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilfried Gänsheimer [mailto:wilfried at gaensheimer.de]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 2:27 PM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: [GE users] SGE6.0u6: qselect, qhost and load sensor values ...

Hi,

I have upgraded to SGE6.0u6 recently (Linux, Opteron, Solaris; courtesy
binaries;
classic spooling). So far everythings works as expected.

But there are some differences with the handling  of  load sensor
reported values  (strings),
which we use extensivly:

1. qselect -l foo=bar
 ignores hosts that report the correct value. Though there is no problem
with
requesting such resources and scheduling. I just don't get qselect to
also list these hosts
(e.g. one resource is "distribution", which is something like "RHEWS3"). To get matching hosts/queues, I have to use "qhosts", but that does not
really help
(in case several resources are combined).

2. qhost -l foo=bar
also reports the "global" and hosts, that are currently down (with " - -
-") and so report no
value at all. That issue is more a nuisance.

3. Setting a default value for (re)string values is not possible. In 5.3
there was a default value,
which is gone?

4. qstat -F -q all.q at foo
does not find the queue instance "all.q at foo". Adding a * does work:
  qstat -F -q all.q at foo\*

I have searched the mail list, but haven't found anyone else reporting
the same issue.
Did I find a bug?

Thanks, bye
Wilfried