[GE users] How is it possible for a consumable resource to be over-consumed.

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Tue Feb 1 08:37:23 GMT 2005

Gary,

there are a couple of possibilites:

    - a "simple" bug - I think there was a bug in 5.3 where this could
      happen, but I don't recall exactly
    - the value of "mti_lic" was changed to a higher value and then set back
      to 8
    - a user found a whole, how he can cheat the system wiht qalter command.

You are using SGE 5.3 - which version is it exactly?

If the loglevel is set to "log_info" you should check in the qmaster and
schedd "messages" file for messages which indicate a problem.

Andy